Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Annual Gypsy Fabulous Cocktail Party!

You know you've become a true gypsy when the annual gypsy cocktail party is re-named after your blog. Yes, that's right, this was one celebration where we could revel in being as fabulous as our little hearts could manage. Not a hard task for our gorgeous hosts Mels and Jonas. The scene was Ivan's secret oasis. An overgrown section in the middle of nowhere (a.k.a Waitaki Bridge Village, Oamaru). House trucks came from far and away. Mels parked her coffee caravan - the amazing Lucky Star - in the middle of the party and fed us delicious freshly squeezed fruit cocktails. Gypsy muso's took the stage day and night... and all of the next day. Gypsy Fair palm reader Heather Feather did some great drum dancing in front of the stage. Kids, dogs and puppies ran amok enjoying their own little parties. We danced the day and night away as the cocktail bowls emptied out. To top it all off, we turned the decorative rope lights into wonderfully hypnotic skipping ropes. And then we slept it all off.

7 comments:

Le Survivant said...

Hey, cool ! Thanks to reply on my own blogspot !
I see, do you travel since your childhood or it's a choice you made when you grew up ?

New Zealand has really beautiful landscapes, I could see that thanks Peter Jackson in his movies ;)

Fiona said...

Hey.. Yes I chose to be a gypsy about a year ago! Just for fun as a way to travel, and because I always wanted to live like the 1970's! But I am only doing it as a temporary fun thing.. NZ is beautiful!! So is France though!

Le Survivant said...

Oh kind of Hippie-Gipsy ! How do you manage to live financially ? And do you travel ? Alone ?

I really interested and curious about this way of life... I think it's cool, adventurous!

elena-lu said...

oh darn i see that it was a temporary thing! ok well my previous comment then is void!!
awesome adventure you had love that you documented it all !

Fiona said...

Hey Elena-Lu, Thanks for your comments! Although it was a temporary thing we are keeping the house truck and will definitely be gypsies sometimes still..but i want to give my writing career a go! But im going to keep the blog up just with random fabulous semi gypsyish photos! I looked at your blog..its cool!

elena-lu said...

oh cool and i see that you posted something new yay! ok im so hooked on this whole concept! i wish i had courage to do this but um yeah i think id wimp out! but i love looking through your adventure! thanks for sharing!!

Fiona said...

Hey Le Survivant, I just realised I never replied to you oh so long ago! Sorry! Been job hunting so been busy.. To answer your questions, I travel with my boyfriend and we made money at the gypsy fair or otherwise doing odd jobs. It is a very fun way to live!